09 Aug Body Contouring Terminology
Naturally over the course of time, the body changes as a result of aging, weight fluctuations and pregnancy. These changes can leave many individuals feeling less that satisfied with their body image. Even strict dieting and exercise routines do not always help certain troublesome areas back to the toned, firm appearance of days gone by.
Body contouring surgery encompasses cosmetic procedures that aim to satisfy certain goals in body contouring. Through advanced surgical techniques and technologies patients can easily obtain the trimmer, shapelier figure they desire.
Options for body contouring include:
- Liposuction: This technique breaks up the fat and suctions it from the body,
- Tummy Tuck: Unwanted fat and loose skin is removed surgically.
- Arm Lift: Laxity and excess fat on the upper arms is removed surgically.
- Buttock Lift: The process of lifting and possibly adding volume to the backside.
- Mommy Makeover Surgery: A combination of procedures to help restore pre-pregnancy aesthetics.
- Post -Weight Loss Surgery: Removing excess skin post weight loss surgery, recreating curves and contours that have diminished. May include some or all options listed above.
If you are considering Body Contouring, consult with Dr. John Park, a board certified Plastic Surgeon, for a consultation and advice on the best technique available to you to achieve the goals you desire – (949) 777-6883.