13 Mar Breast Augmentation Benefits
Also referred to as mammaplasty, breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that enlarges the size of the breasts and enhances their overall appearance. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a total of 290,467 women underwent the surgery in 2016, up from the 212,500 people who had an augmentation in 2000. Studies suggest that breast augmentation can help boost body image and confidence.
A breast implant procedure is ideal for those looking to add volume to or improve the appearance of their breasts and involves the use of implants to bring back breast volume. Women who naturally have small breasts, those who have undergone pregnancy, and those looking to reverse any past breast enhancements make ideal candidates for breast augmentation.
When it comes to the results, you can expect a high success rate for your breast augmentation due to the improvements made in its techniques and seeing a board certified plastic surgeon such as Dr. John Park. There has never been a better time to get breast augmentation than today, as you have more options that enable you to personalize your new look. Whether you are looking for more prominent curves or just a modest boost in cleavage, there is an option for you.
Listed below are some of the breast implant options you can expect to go through during your consultation:
- Filler type – Common options include Silicone Gel, Saline, or “Gummy Bear” (Highly Cohesive Silicone). There is no one superior option, but there are certain differences in feel, cost, and incision requirements that you will need to take into account.
- Shape – Silicone Gel and Saline implants are generally round, while gummy bear implants come in both round and shaped options. While round implants add more fullness, shaped implants add a more slanting look to your breasts’ side profile.
- Size – The size range for breast implants is 150cc – 800cc or larger, and the size you choose will ultimately depend on your breast size, personal goals, and your doctor’s recommendation.
What Can a Breast Augmentation Surgery Do?
- Increase volume and projection of your breasts
- Improve hip contours and balance of breast
- Boost your self-confidence and body image
- Improve your sex life. A survey by RealSelf.com found a link between breast augmentation surgery and improved sex life. It was identified that 61% of the participants had sex more frequently after the surgery while 70% reported being more satisfied.
Dr. John Park is a double-certified and experienced plastic surgeon who believes in taking a customized approach to maximize patient’s satisfaction. Call him today at (949) 777-6883 for a free yet detailed consultation.