08 Nov Facelift Fact – They Have Changed Dramatically Over The Years!
A facelift was once a surgery primarily fit for the wealthy and the fearless. They were expensive and they were scary.
Today is a new world in the area of facial rejuvenation. Neither will it spiral you into bankruptcy nor will it keep you “under wraps” for weeks. If you are considering a facelift, it is important to understand how much the procedure has changed and evolved over time. You are no longer looking at your mother’s facelift.
Back in the day, doctors basically just pulled skin up and over and then sutured it. They have learned over the years that muscles also need to be addressed, as well as the volume and fullness that is lost in the aging process. Age is not merely gravity rearing its ugly head, it is also tissue loss and fat loss from the face.
Different Types of Facelifts
Of course you will discuss all the facelift options during a thorough consultation with your plastic surgeon, but it’s wise to educate yourself and be aware of the different types of facelifts available.
- The Deep Plane Lift. Involves structures closer to the bone. It requires a longer recovery time because of long-term swelling.
- The Short Scar Lift. Minimally invasive, however may fall short in ridding extra skin.
- The Midface Or Cheek Lift. Works on Midface area, not neck.
- The Thread Lift. Short term fix and may cause static deformity in the face.
- Endoscopic Facelift. Deeper planes, but doesn’t affect skin issues
Contact Irvine Facelift Surgeon Dr. John Park
Your board certified plastic surgeon and team will walk you through your options and what will work best to solve your individual concerns. No matter what your age or the reason for your facelift, the end goal for everyone is the same, a natural, refreshed look. Contact Dr. John Park today to schedule a consultation and know what options are best for your situation and realistic for your aesthetic goals.