02 Nov Thinking “Long Term” About Your Breast Augmentation
Many times, breast augmentation will be an experience of immediate gratification. It is wise, however, to temper your immediate goals (which sometimes include having very large breasts) with the reality that this decision is a long-term one.
Take time to think about how your breasts will look in the future, not just how they will look in the first year after breast augmentation. An experienced plastic surgeon will guide you through this process and try to help you make the best choice. The overwhelming majority of patients are thrilled with their breast size after their breast augmentation if they take the time to consider the pros and cons of particular size choices. No woman wants to return to the operating room because of a bad choice.
The size and aesthetics you wish to achieve with your breast augmentation are very personal choices and the choice is ultimately up to you. However, many issues should be considered in determining your size. A frank discussion with your surgeon is essential, as well as considering some of these important factors;
Ask yourself these questions:
• Will my breast implants put me at high risk for needing a breast lift later in life?
• Will my breast augmentation affect posture and lead to back and shoulder pain, such as what some women with very large, natural breasts encounter?
• Will the size I am choosing now be desirable for me 10 or 20 years from now?
• Do I want my breast augmentation to look natural; a little augmented; or obviously augmented?
• How will my breast implants affect my lifestyle, such as athletic activities?
• How will my breast implants affect available bra and clothing choices?
• How will my breast augmentation ultimately affect the health and aging of my breasts?
Answering these questions honestly with your doctor’s input will help you attain the results you are looking for. Ultimately the breast implant size you select is your choice.
Dr. John Park, a licensed, board certified plastic surgeon, respects your needs and your prerogative to make this very important and personal decision. His expertise and vast knowledge in this area serves you well in making that decision the right decision. Contact Dr. Park at his office in Newport Beach. Together you can discuss your options and considerations that will lead the way to a beautiful breast augmentation result. Call (949) 777-6883 for your complimentary consultation.