20 Mar Say Goodbye to Post-Pregnancy Woes with a Mommy Makeover
Childbirth is perhaps one of the most transformational and magical experiences of a woman’s life. However, when you have a baby, weight gain and bodily changes can quickly become very stressful and often impossible to reverse with exercise and diet alone. Although weight management can be accomplished through rigorous exercise and strict dieting, other post-pregnancy woes such as shapeless breasts, stretch marks, and loose skin, among other bodily changes can be way more difficult to recover from. Fortunately, with the introduction of the Mommy Makeover, more and more women are successfully restoring the shape of their body after it has endured various changes during and after childbirth.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
The term “mommy makeover” can be applied to an array of different cosmetic surgical procedures designed to get you back in shape after pregnancy. However, it is most commonly referred to procedures carried out to restore the tummy and breasts to their pre-pregnancy state as much as possible.
- A breast augmentation is a customized procedure that takes into account your personal needs to create customized results. The process involves implants to restore the breast fullness and lost cleavage after post-partum mammary atrophy.
- A breast lift or mastopexy is a surgical procedure used to reshape and lift sagging breasts and give them an enhanced shape, resulting in a perkier and more uplifted appearance.
- A tummy tuck is a procedure designed to give the abdomen a nice and flat shape. By design, the tummy tuck tones and firms the abdomen by eliminating loose skin and excess fat from the abdomen and by tightening the abdominal muscle wall.
- If needed, liposuction can be performed as part of a mommy makeover to get rid of the infamous “muffin top” or excess fat just above the navel area in mothers. Liposuction is one of the most popular “add-on” procedures that enhances the surgery itself and finishes the body’s transformation.
- Body contouring comprises of a variety of procedures that deal with the issue of loose or sagging tissue and skin, which normally become a problem after substantial weight loss, with older age, or due to excessive subcutaneous fat. Body contouring also refers to non-surgical body sculpting such as SculpSure or CoolSculpting. Surgical body contouring basically gets rid of extra sagging skin and fat, and at the same time enhances the shape of the support tissue lying beneath, leading to a more natural appearance with smoother contours. Similar to a Mommy Makeover, a body contouring surgery can mean different things to people as it’s highly customized for the individual, and it may or may not be part of a larger mommy makeover procedure.
For Your Own Mommy Makeover, Contact Dr. John Park Today
Especially if you have never had a cosmetic procedure performed before, the thought of a mommy makeover can be very daunting. Or, you may not be entirely sure about which procedure to opt for. The only way to ensure your experience turns out to be a successful one is by seeing a licensed and qualified professional, like Dr. John Park, a double-certified and experienced plastic surgeon with an established practice in Newport Beach. Call Dr. John Park today at (949) 777-6883 for a complimentary yet detailed consultation.