12 Apr 7 Signs You’ve Found THE Plastic Surgeon for You
Thinking about cosmetic surgery? That’s a big decision! At John Park MD Plastic Surgery we understand that the start of this journey can be both exciting and overwhelming. It’s important to find the right cosmetic surgeon to perform these positively life-changing procedures for you, and there are a few signs that you’ve met your ideal match.
Whether you’re thinking about breast augmentation, a facelift, tummy tuck, liposuction, or any combination of the procedures above, the right plastic surgeon can give you the experience and results you want and deserve. So, have you found your perfect plastic surgeon yet? Here are a few ways to tell:
- They are board-certified. You might think this is a given, but not necessarily. At the most foundational level, you need to make sure any plastic surgeon you’re considering is board-certified. This means they have achieved a certain base level of expertise, have proven their skills, and willingly undergo additional trainings and certifications year after year. A great plastic surgeon will also have a number of additional certifications.
- There are plenty of before and after photos. A fantastic plastic surgeon has performed a good number of procedures and is happy to show off the results. Sometimes there might be a larger gallery available during your consultation, but a solid before and after gallery should definitely be readily available on their site.
- They are performing the surgeries you want. There are a lot of different types of plastic surgeries! However, what really matters is that the plastic surgeon you’re considering specializes in the procedure you want. They might perform a great butt lift but if you want breast augmentation and they’ve only performed a few, that’s not a good sign. They could still be a good surgeon, but just not a match for the surgery you are thinking about undergoing.
- There are a lot of positive reviews and testimonials. It’s a good idea to look at reviews and testimonials on your surgeon’s website if available, but also check out third party sites. If a surgeon has been practicing for a number of years, they should have garnered plenty of reviews by now. Look for overall trends in reviews, and especially seek out reviews by former patients who had the surgery you are considering. There is always some risk of reliability with online reviews, but if a surgeon has overarchingly positive feedback, that’s a good sign.
- Look at how long they’ve been practicing. Of course, a great surgeon could have just started practicing, but experience still counts. You want a surgeon who has been practicing for some time and is also committed to their own lifelong learning.
- Make the most of your consultation. A reputable plastic surgeon is going to offer complimentary consultations. This shows good faith on their part, and since it’s a good idea to get a few consultations before committing this can also help you save money. Come to your consultation with questions written down, otherwise it’s easy to forget some details. This is your time not only to ask the surgeon questions, but to see if you’re a good match overall. How can you tell?
- Trust your gut. Yes, your instinct counts for a lot when it comes to everything in life, including cosmetic surgery. This is the surgeon who will be taking care of you during and after your procedure. Do you feel relatively at ease with them (bearing in mind that consultations can be exciting)? Do you feel like they are fully present with you? Do they genuinely listen to your concerns and do they discuss options in a way that is friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to follow? If your instincts tell you that a particular surgeon just isn’t for you, it’s wise to take note of this.
John Park MD Plastic Surgery is open for in-person complimentary consultations. We follow all local and national best practices for your safety and comfort. If you’re thinking about a breast augmentation, tummy tuck, or liposuction (the specialty areas of Dr. Park), rest assured that you’ll be in great hands from your consultation onward. Call the office today to schedule your complimentary consultation or simply complete the online form.